[Pmwiki-users] Group/SearchWiki?

John Rankin john.rankin
Tue Mar 16 15:02:36 CST 2004

On Wednesday, 17 March 2004 5:15 AM, Thomas -Balu- Walter <list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de> wrote:
>I have another Feature-Request :)
>
>I'd like to have a Group/SearchWiki page for some of my groups.
>

>Of course I can create it, but then the search results are displayed on
>Main.SearchWiki.
>
>Why this is bad? E.g. if I have a different SideBar (navigation) for
>the group the user gets redirected to Main/ and suddenly gets a
>different navigation.
>
>So I request the following:
>
>[[$Search]] should not create a form with an action of Main/SearchWiki,
>but to one of the following pages:
>
>1. same page if it contains [[$Searchresults]]
>2. Group/SearchWiki if it exists
>3. Main/SearchWiki
>
>Any reasons not to do so or supporters of this idea? :)
>
>     Balu

We took a slightly different approach. The search results always display
in place of the browse view of the current page. The text of a
PmWiki.SearchQuickReference page gets appended after the search results.

In other words, search behaves in exactly the sme way as edit, history
and uploads.

Then Main.SearchWiki behaves in the same way as any other wiki page
and there is no need for a separate $Group.SearchWiki.

--
JR