[Pmwiki-users] Re: Image sizes, alt tags, and more (was: Image display resizing problem)

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Tue Mar 2 11:32:13 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 06:59:28PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr??m wrote:
> > but now looks like it will be
> >
> >     http://foo.com/cgi-bin/mapper.cgi?parm1&dummy=.gif#alt=My_Map
>
> The solution above is a bit complicated, couldn't we go all the way and
> introduce a new directive for when we need to place an image on a page?

I don't know about complicated, but it does appear rather forced. I
agree that we should come up with a different syntax for the case where
the WikiAuthor wants something more complicated. It would also eliminate
the need for the hackish http://foo.com/cgi-bin/bar.cgi?dummy=.gif

However, it would be nice to have a simple syntax for setting the alt
attribute as I think that will be quite common.  Hmm.

	[[image WikiPub:toast.jpg alt=flaming_poptarts!]]
	WikiPub:toast.jpg#alt=flaming_poptarts!

	[[image http://foo.com/cgi-bin/mapper.cgi?parm1 alt=My_Map]]
	http://foo.com/cgi-bin/mapper.cgi?parm1&dummy=.gif#alt=My_Map

The syntax you propose makes me want to have quoted strings though
rather than _ converted to spaces.

	[[image http://foo.com/cgi-bin/mapper.cgi?parm1 alt="My Map"]]
	[[image WikiPub:toast.jpg alt="flaming poptarts!"]]

but somehow I think that complicates things slightly from an
implementation perspective :)

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff