[Pmwiki-users] syntax module

J. Meijer commentgg
Fri Jun 18 15:10:07 CDT 2004

The last weeks played up a lot of keyboard and syntax issues, the relevance
of which is debatable because it seems they can be solved in due time. If
pmw2 were to be designed with the *entire* default syntax to be a (default)
plug-in, such a plug-in could then be exchanged by locally more acceptable
variants (much like pages in wiki.d are preferred over those in wikilib). A
lot of debate would then focus.

Nils' elegant idea of using a cookie to let users select their preferred
syntax on the fly is entirely compatible.

I have suggested before to make an administration page which allows you to
click and select the particular syntax you require, with the wiki generating
the appropriate config-file, probably leaving it up to the administrator to
install it. It could generate such a plug-in.

Not hard at all. I thought worth repeating because of the WYSIWYG aspect.

-jm