[Pmwiki-users] selective include-syntax

J. Meijer commentgg
Fri Jun 18 15:08:27 CDT 2004

I am no fan of the proposed 3p selective include extensions. I think the
section to be included should be marked properly in the source page.

Of course I am missing the point. The application you're thinking of is
feeds and other auto-generated content which needs to be sliced and never
suffers editing. For this doesn't the originally proposed extensions
suffice? I think of them being:

  page#1#anchor
     get text before #anchor
  page#anchor
     get section after #anchor
  page#anchor#
     get text after #anchor
  page#anchor#10
     get first 10 lines after anchor
  page#2#10
     get 10 lines starting with line 2

Though probably separating the dissection from the include would be sounder:

  [include: MyFeed select line 1..10]

Then it gets easy to do paragraphs etc when the need arise, with cleartext
explaining to novices what's going on:

  [include: MyFeed select paragraph 6721 line 1]

-jm