[Pmwiki-users] Alternative to Page...Fmt variables

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Wed Jun 16 02:15:25 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 06:18:16PM -0400, J. Perkins wrote:
> Something I came up with while messing around with nested pages...
>
> I changed the template processor to read a different template for each
> action. The value for a particular template can be an array, in which
> case each template is executed in turn, with the results passed to
> <!--PageText--> for the next template. So I have:
>
> $Template['read'] = 'skins/rightbrain/rightbrain.tmpl';
> $Template['edit'] = array('skins/std/editform.tmpl',
>                           &$Template['read']);
>
> Then I created a new file 'skins/std/editform.tmpl' which replaces the
> $PageEditFmt variable. This would seem to allow the use of template
> files for all of the layout, potentially including logon forms, etc.
>
> If you like it, its yours...

This sounds quite interesting, because the nested templates variables
might give some problems. E.g. I have to close several <div>s in my
PagePreviewFmt to achive the wanted result and it took a while to figure
that out.

-- Balu