[Pmwiki-users] Uploading and password proctecting

Knut Alboldt alboldt
Mon Jun 14 15:07:26 CDT 2004

At 22:00 14.06.2004, you wrote:
>I use a pmwiki as a kind of intranet-function. That means the whole wiki is
>password protected. One really nice feature is to be able to upload
>attachments, but here comes the problem. I do no know how to make sure these
>are password protected. They way my wiki is set up now anyone who nows the
>url and path of the uploads directory can just surf right in and download
>everything. That is not nice for an intranet.
>
>Can something be done about this in the current version of PmWiki? If not
>could it be a feature for future releases?
>
>Yours
>
>         /ulrik

in config.php you can define passwords for updating functions:

   $DefaultPasswords['admin']  = crypt('password');
   $DefaultPasswords['edit']   = crypt('password');
   $DefaultPasswords['attr']   = crypt('password');
   $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('password');

These will be valid for the whole site !
Leave them blank to not protect the function.

see also:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords

Knut