[Pmwiki-users] Intermap-includes

Robin robin
Tue Jun 8 21:10:11 CDT 2004

Steven Leite wrote:
> So you are looking for a merging of the two.  To be able to specify
> external wiki sites in the sitemap.txt, AND to also use the existing
> [[Include: SiteName:GroupName/Pagename]] markup.  Is that correct?
>
> I'm looking for another intersting Cookbook recipe to write.
Well, what I'd like is a markup to specify links to another wiki. In
it's basic form, it could be done (I think) by the Intermap file. But
what would be really neat is the ability to go:
PmWiki/HomePage
in a page, and if I don't have a PmWiki group, it will look at another
wiki I have defined somewhere, perhaps working its way through a list of
them, until it finds one, whereupon it forms a link to that one. Or, the
searching can be overridden so I can say:
PmMainSite:PmWiki/HomePage
The next logical step (as I see it) would be to allow it to be
[[Include: ]]able.

(Along with spam, I have this thing about distributed systems and
linking them all together :)

Robin.