[Pmwiki-users] link icons

Kass Lloyd kasslloyd
Sun Jul 25 13:26:49 CDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:08:09 -0700, Steven Leite
<steven_leite at kitimat.net> wrote:
> Uhm, now how do I see which pages I've created and which ones need to be
> created?

Because they have a superscripted ? and a feint dashed underline.

> As admin (and primary author of my site), the fully linked words or
> phrases are an indication to me, which links I have processed (created
> pages for), and the non-linked ones (with only the ? as a link) indicate
> which ones have not been processed (tells me which pages need still to
> be created).

Maybe you should chage it to be red or something for your site so your
able to better tell what needed created, or change back to the old
method. It's a very easy addition to your config.php.

> Sorry if I missed something, I just caught the tail end of this thread.
> I like the old behaviour better.
>
> I'll presume it will be quite easy to customize config.php to have the
> old method back.  So consider this a caution rather than a complaint :)

This thread is the discussion of how useing a puntiuation mark for the
link intrupts the natural flow of the sentence and makes it difficult
for people who are not aware of wiki markup or links to read the
content. We discussed several ways to overcome that, and we arrived at
a superscripted ? which in most languages isn't a symbol you normally
encounter in a sentence, and a superscripted symbol is a common way to
indicate something special about the word/phrase that its attached
too. So logically the create page link should be superscripted, and we
kept ? so that people who used older versions would know what it ment.

I feel this is a better solution then just a simple ? link, and by
linking the whole word its easier for people who have high resoultion
monitors to hit the link.

Kass