[Pmwiki-users] Failover when low on disk space.

Ciaran ciaranj
Thu Jul 15 14:58:12 CDT 2004

How well does PMWiki run when there's 0 byte free on a disk?  I just
ran into a situation where the server my wiki was sitting on ran out
of space utterly :(  Now I wouldn't expect to be able to create new
pages or even succssfully edit wiki pages in this situation
(obviously!).  However the behaviour I see is very destructive, if I
edit a wiki page and then save the changes, the whole wiki page gets
purged :(

I assume this is because the original page is deleted then the new one
is created in its place?    Would it be possible to have a more
redundant mechanism, such as saving the new page first (to a temporary
name) then deleting the original page, then renaming the temporary
page ?

--
- Ciaran
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/ (Share the love)