[Pmwiki-users] programming question: window id

J. Meijer commentgg
Thu Jul 8 08:33:10 CDT 2004

How would that work? Sessions are like cookies aren't they? I.e. there is no
window-specific cookie, only site-wide cookies?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steven Leite
  Subject: Re: [Pmwiki-users] programming question: window id

  > The key is to get hold of some unique identifier of the browser
  > window. Is there something available in the superglobals? Or do I
  > need to extract it at the client with JavaScript? Would it be
  > possible to also get the id of the window the current was forked
  > from, so its history can be passed on?
  >
  > Help much appreciated; I'll share the final code :-)

  Well, it seems to me the easiest way would be to store a cookie on the
  user's computer to store all that information, and make it expire after
  some time.  That would take care of your multiple window and session
  problem at least.

  And as much as people don't like cookies (?) I think they're here to
  stay.

  -S