[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Jan 21 20:44:02 CST 2004

>I could really use suggestions on improving the layout of the search
>box and links in the upper-right-hand-corner of the page.

It seems to me that there is something of a proximity problem. It may
make sense to group together things that are logically related.

The page header has things relating to the site:
   logo/home link
   Search Wiki
   Wiki Help

It has things relating to the group:
   Group Title
   Recent Changes

And things relating to the page:
   Page Title
   Edit Page
   Page History
   Printable View (not currently shown)

I couldn't think of a way to put everything nicely with its relatives...
But I might perhaps try something like this:

                                                   Wiki Help
         Recent Changes               [        ] Search Wiki
+------+ Group /                              Printable View
| I    | Page Title                             Page History
|  M   |                                           Edit Page
|   G  |
+------+

         Body text starts here and carries on for as long as
         you want...

The image could sit on, rather than hang from, the line, but I think
it will look better as washing.

JR

>Pm
>
>--