[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 16 09:58:47 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 07:11:51PM -0800, E. Duncan Scott wrote:

> Also I think you should consider having a dedicated print stylesheet.
> It's easy to do if you're using stylesheets and is a nice way to make the
> wiki at least marginally print friendly.

I haven't looked deeply into printable-page.php or some of the other
PmWiki printer-friendly recipes, but I'm strongly considering it for 0.6
and would really appreciate any advice/tips on implementation (or pointers
about where to look for more about print stylesheets).

> I notice that page revisions
> don?t have formatting.  I was having trouble with that as well.  I really
> wish that there was a diffFmt that was similar to browseFmt, only with a
> PrintDiff instead of PrintText.  I tried to make a PrintDiff Function,
> but ran into some odd problems . . .

Having more customizable output for page revisions (including CSS)
is definitely planned for 0.6, but it's "on hold" until I resolve the
changes to the diff engine itself.  I'm looking into having a totally
PHP-based diff engine as an optional replacement for the calls to
external diff/patch utilities, but I'm a bit concerned about the speed
and memory requirements that result from doing this in PHP.  So, as soon
as I have that resolved I'll be redoing the output format for Page
Revisions.