[Pmwiki-users] Skins

Bob Dively dive
Sat Feb 21 19:33:05 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud said:

> Many thanks for this excellent example!  Now then, do me a favor...  :-)
> show me an example of how a layout designer would specify
> where/how the "Edit Page", "Page Revisions", etc. links would be
> coded in the above format.  Show enough to produce the entire
> resulting links, i.e.,
> action=edit'>Edit Page</a>

The trick being that the there's wikitext on a regular page and wikiedit
on another, right? (Why does wikiedit have to be different from wikitext,
btw? Isn't it just the main block [for lack of a better term]?) Well, why
limit designer to one template per skin? What if they could design a
template for an edit page, a print page, etc.? I suppose that would be
overkill and contrary to the wiki ideal of keeping things as simple as
possible.