[Pmwiki-users] Skins

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Feb 21 17:57:11 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:16:39AM +0100, Nils Knappmeier wrote:

> We put a file called template.php somewhere, which contains HTML code
> with some PHP function calls or variables.

> <h1><? printTitle() ?></h1>
>
> Now, how it exactly should work I don't know.  But somehow, some
> processing will be done, to ensure that some global variables
> contain the correct values ($CurrentPage, $Title, whatever), and that
> some functions (printContents()) do the right thing.

Many thanks for this excellent example!  Now then, do me a favor...  :-)
show me an example of how a layout designer would specify
where/how the "Edit Page", "Page Revisions", etc. links would be
coded in the above format.  Show enough to produce the entire
resulting links, i.e.,

where, of course, 'http://www.mysite.com/path/to/pmwiki' and 'Main/HomePage'
are in variables.  Bonus points if you can also handle internationalization
in the process.  :-)  No fair simply calling a printLinks() function that
is somehow defined in PmWiki, unless you tell me how the layout designer
can control how it chooses to output a link.