[Pmwiki-users] New user ...

Lee Corbridge, DVM leecdvm
Sat Feb 21 08:40:43 CST 2004

Hi Folks.

I'm a newbie regarding PMWiki so please be kind.  ;-)

I am trying to integrate a wiki into a project that I am working on (
not open to the public just yet ).

I know what I want to do.  I already have another wiki ( WakkaWiki )
installed and setup to the format that I want to use, however due to
that software's limitations I need to switch to PMWiki because it
simply fits my ideas of what I want on my site.

I have been looking at the code of PMWiki and to be honest with you ...
I can not see where I am suppose to be making my changes for
customization.  To put it lightly ... I'm 100 % totally lost in space
on this thing.  I have absolutely no idea as why I am pulling a blank
here but I am.

This is the beginning of the third day of looking at this code and it's
more confusing now than ever.  I know that you make changes in pub css
and skins, and local/config.php.  However every time I make a change it
simply does not show up.

So if someone could be so kind ...

This is my desired look :
http://www.allcritters.com/wiki/wakka.php?wakka=HomePage

which matches my primary piece of software :
http://www.allcritters.com/class/

and my install is at :
http://www.thecatshow.com/wiki/pmwiki.php

Can you offer me any ideas as to why I am being a dunce here?   ;-(
Any help is appreciated.

I Hope This Helps ...
Keep Looking Up

Doc

Lee Corbridge, DVM ~ allcritters at yahoo.com
http://www.allcritters.com ~ Sebring, FL
Member AVMA, AAFP ~ USDA Accredited

Practice Limited To Cats Of All Sizes

change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
-- Margaret Mead

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make
mistakes."
? Mahatma Gandhi