[Pmwiki-users] AppendWikiPage

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Feb 13 12:47:52 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 01:32:52PM -0600, Tom Hoover wrote:

> I would assume that _anything_ between [= and =] would not be
> interpreted by PmWiki.  If so, why are double-bracket words (such as
> [[noheader]]) interpreted, even when they appear between [= and =]?

...it's a weird oddity having to do with the sequence in which things
are performed.  [=...=] escapes have always taken place after processing
[[include:]] directives and inclusion of GroupHeader/GroupFooter pages
because otherwise any [=...=] in the included pages aren't processed.

That said, this has now become a big enough issue and caused enough confusion
that I'm just going to have PmWiki check for [=...=] sequences twice--once
before processing directives, and again after directives have been processed.