[Pmwiki-users] AppendWikiPage

Tom Hoover l-pmwiki-users
Fri Feb 13 12:33:00 CST 2004

According to PmWiki's docs:

  Escape sequence

  Anything placed between [= and =] is not interpreted by PmWiki. This
  makes it possible to easily do WikiWords that are not links and turn
  off other special formatting interpretation. The [= and =] can span
  multiple input lines, allowing effects to be applied to multiple input
  lines. For example, space+[= at the beginning of a line will cause the
  text up to the next =] to be monospace and uninterpreted by PmWiki
  (useful for program listings).

Question:

I would assume that _anything_ between [= and =] would not be
interpreted by PmWiki.  If so, why are double-bracket words (such as
[[noheader]]) interpreted, even when they appear between [= and =]?

I realized this when forwarding the following to the AppendWikiPage
script:

 [=
The old 0.5-layout $PageHeaderFmt, $PageFooterFmt, and $PageTitleFmt
variables continue to exist and work as before.  By default
$PageHeaderFmt contains wikilogo and wikihead, $PageFooterFmt
contains wikifoot, and $PageTitleFmt contains wikititle and wikicmds.
[[noheader]], [[nofooter]], and [[notitle]] continue to set these
variables to an empty string, as before.  In addition, I will likely
be adding [[nosidebar]] to provide similar control for wikileft and
wikiright (can already be done as a local customization).
=]

The [[noheader]], [[nofooter]], and [[notitle]] are interpreted, even
though the paragraph is surrounded by [= and =].  If this is the way
things are supposed to work, I'll revise AppendWikiPage to change
'[[noheader]]' to '[[[==]noheader]]'.