[Pmwiki-users] A reason for nice URIs to pages

chr@home.se chr
Wed Dec 29 08:19:13 CST 2004

Hi

Just a totally unrelated remark giving a reason why it's useful to have
nice page URIs. The usefulness is related to having a history function in
the browser, i.e. my browser remembers pages I've been to and does
drop-down completion.

So if I know that I've already been to e.g. Main.ApprovedUrls and want to
go there again, I just have to type a small portion to get the full URI.

Now, if a page instead had a URI with only id-numbers or something, e.g.
	http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki.php?pageid=132134324124

I wouldn't have been able to do the above (since I'm not able to remember
if I wanted to go to 132134324124 or 132134324123)

No, in case anyone wonders.. I don't think Patrick intends to change how
it works today, I just came to think of this reason for why it'd be
bad using page id-numbers or somthing in the URI.

cheers
/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr