[Pmwiki-users] local install

John Feezell JohnFeezell
Tue Dec 21 10:16:35 CST 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:37:30 -0700, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 09:00:47AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
>> In my quest for a Windows-based PnWiki, I tried or looked at several
>> [...]
>
> Many thanks for this list -- that's useful to know.  So far I'm
> continuing with nanoweb -- it's nice in that it is lightweight and
> yet it does just about everything a standalone PmWiki would need it to
> do.
>
> Pm

Here is one more to add to the list. <http://www.mbedthis.com>
I have been using it on a usb jump drive with PmWiki version 1.
I have not migrated it to v2 yet but am assuming that it will
work.

Here is a brief list of some of its features taken from the website.
It is open source for non-commercial use.

AppWeb HTTP Web Server Specifications

Mbedthis AppWeb is the only no-compromise web server for embedded systems
that has been designed from the ground up with security in mind. It is
fast (over 3,500 HTTP requests per second) and compact (from 110 KB). But
it also has a wealth of features like SSL, Digest Authentication, Logging,
Virtual hosts, PHP, CGI, Apache style configuration and much more.

It supports Embedded Server Pages (ESP) which is a dramatically easier way
to create great looking, and highly usable web-based user interfaces for
embedded systems. For larger systems, it also supports standard page
creation environments and interfaces like PHP and CGI.
AppWeb HTTP Server Features

AppWeb is a standards-based embedded HTTP server that has a wealth of
features including:
Standards compliant HTTP/1.1 web server core
Embeddable in applications and devices (supports XIP)
Dynamically loadable modules
Embedded Server Pages (ESP) for dynamic content
Session state data management
Server-side Embedded JavaScript
Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
In-process CGI as well as traditional CGI
ROMable web pages and configuration files
Digest Authentication
HTTP Client program and library
Extensive logging
Fastest performance in its class
Cross-platform and portable
Modular source code and documentation provided

/JF