[Pmwiki-users] Pagelist and "Categories"

Benjamin Wilson ameen
Tue Dec 21 08:35:22 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 08:08:21AM -0600, Benjamin Wilson wrote:
>
>>I'm toying around with the use of categories
>>(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Categories) and have noticed that the
>>approach includes the page with the pagelist macro. Has anybody figured
>>out how to exclude that page from being self-referential?
>

> Not at the moment, but we can probably come up with a way to do it.
> The first question to ask is, does it make sense in the "normal" case
> for a page containing (:pagelist:) to not include itself?

I thought it was odd that a pagelist was self-referential, *especially*
when the only reference on that page is the pagelist macro!

I created a sample page to show my point
(http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Test/Categories). If you look at the
source, you'll see the only content is the pagelist macro. When you look
at the page, you'll see that the pagelist macro references itself. So,
while I agree that it is "normal" for a page not to reference itself, I
think that in every condition the macro should not cite itself. I
suppose my initial post implied that the referencing page had a link on
itself apart from the macro, which is not the case.

> I think if we just added the current page to the list of pages
> excluded by list=normal then we'd probably be in good shape.

Ben