[Pmwiki-users] About Skins (V2 - V2B7)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Dec 8 20:26:49 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 04:45:28PM -0800, Steven Leite wrote:
> With the new $Skin variable, does the ?skin= and ?setskin= commands
> still work?

It does if you use the SkinChange cookbook recipe that is currently
online (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SkinChange).

> Also, in my templates I refer to $PubDirUrl/skins/skin_name .for images,
> css, javascript, etc .. do I change that to something else or just leave
> it as-is?

$PubDirUrl still works as before, so you can continue to use it if you
want.  But $SkinDirUrl is often nicer for any files that exist in the skin
directory -- i.e., instead of $PubDirUrl/skins/skin_name/something.css,
you can just do $SkinDirUrl/something.css.  This latter form has the
advantage of working even if you later give the skin a different name
(either by copying or renaming the skin's directory).