[Pmwiki-users] Is it possible to create forms in PmWiki?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Dec 2 12:36:29 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 01:56:46PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:

> 1) Create a form that users can fill in. The form action could invoke a
> non-PmWiki page.

Sure, just create a specialized markup to do what you want.
For example, here's a version of the (:searchbox:) which provides
a search form:

Markup('searchbox','>links','/\\(:searchbox:\\)/',
  "<form class='wikisearch' action='$ScriptUrl' method='get'>
   <input type='hidden' name='pagename' value='Main/SearchWiki' />
   <input class='wikisearchbox' type='text' name='q' value='' size='40' />
   <input class='wikisearchbutton' type='submit' value='$[Search]' /></form>");

You can make the form as complex as you wish.

> 2) Do the equivalent of  <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/whatever.pl" -->

You need a function for this one -- something along the lines of
the X-Include: script.  I'll write something up for this.
Do you need it to appear in the middle of a wiki content or
in the skin template?

> 3) Insert raw HTML on some pages.

Take a look at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EnableHTML
(just updated).  It provides a recipe for enabling selected
raw HTML.

> Is there any downside to what I am trying to do? Security, particularly
> injection of rogue scripts, should not be an issue since only the
> administrator would be able to edit such pages.

As long as you can trust whoever is able to edit the pages,
security is not that big an issue.