[Pmwiki-users] aliasing / to pmwiki, but retaining /~user use

J.R. Manes jr at jrmanes.com
Tue May 6 12:59:34 CDT 2003

I ended up just aliasing /wiki to the pmwiki.php path, and then in the /
directory, used the:
file in  the root folder.

J.R.

(stuff omitted)

> Somehow I think that doing
>
>    Alias / /path/to/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/
>
> is probably a Bad Thing from a server perspective, although I've never
> tried it to see what would happen.

I tried this and it made bad things happen. It tried to send _everything_ to
the script. That means even ~username won't work. Also, all the links will
have an extra "/" so they don't work.
i.e. WikiSandbox resolves to http://someserver.com//Main/WikiSandbox

> And I haven't played much
> with having
> pmwiki.php be named index.php (in such a way that index.php
> never appears).

I tried this too, but I coudn't get index.php not to appear (only works the
first time, but the links all point to
http://someserver.com/index.php/SomeGroup/SomePage. This is because
$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'] includes the name of the script even if it
is the default document.

James Davis
Network Manager
College of Business