[Pmwiki-users] Error in indent sequence

Davis, James C. jdavis at cob.tamucc.edu
Thu Jun 5 20:08:02 CDT 2003

I've always thought that lists should not be broken unless followed by a =
blank line or a different style of list is started. So you could do =
stuff like:

# One
# Two
-->block quoted text
# Three

and the list would not break, but with:

# One
# Two
-->block quoted text

# Three

"block quoted text" would be part of the first list and "Three" would =
start a new list, and:

# One
# Two

-->block quoted text
# Three

"block quoted text" would not be included in either list.

This would allow you to have tables and headings inside lists as well. =
Also, the markup for multi-line list items using hard breaks (<br>) =
would look more like it would render. The only problem is that it may =
break some sites that have text that appears directly after a list that =
is not part of the list. This may also be hard to implement so that it =
generates valid html or xml.

James Davis
Network Manager
College of Business