[Pmwiki-users] InterMap definitions

Glenn Blalock gblalock at grandecom.net
Mon Feb 17 22:32:36 CST 2003

Pm says

> Also, in either the next release of PmWiki or the one
> following that, I plan to have a "local.php-sample" script
> that will be distributed with PmWiki that demonstrates some
> of the common variable configurations, how to include plugin
> scripts (possibly/probably via the include excerpt
> listed above), and a few other local configuration notes.
>
> Comments, ideas, suggestions?  This is where I can really use
> advice from the "non-technical/programmer" folks out there
> who are using PmWiki who can tell me what would be easiest
> for them.  :-)

I think I'm the most "non-tech" person on the list, so I'll share my
view.

I like the idea of the local.php-sample, to show how that file is used.

I'd prefer fewer directories rather than more.  Adding a local/
directory makes some sense to me.  But once I figured out how to use a
local.php file and how to "include" scripts, I've not had problems
remembering what I've done.  I am currently "administering" 3
installations, and will add at least one more when you release the next
version.  Each has / will have a slightly different local.php
configuration, and I'm not bothered by that.  I know where to look if I
need to remember what is available.

Re: documentation / instructions: I've been thinking about asking
students in tech / professional writing courses to work on user guides.
Some of their work might be useful.

Glenn, anxiously awaiting the new release!