[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki FAQ or FAQ about a site running PmWiki

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Dec 3 16:45:53 CST 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

<<<From Pm's first mail:

> I'd recommended adding questions (and answers) to the FAQ that has
> been started on the pmichaud.com site, so that it'll end up in future
> releases of PmWiki. I'm currently reviewing the pmwiki-users archives
> to find questions and answers that belong in the FAQ.

<<<From this mail by Pm

> Yes, I agree that the FAQ will eventually be segregated into separate
> FAQs (a new user faq, an admin faq, etc.), but rather than try to
> predict an appropriate segregation/organization "up front" I figured
> it'd be better to just get the FAQs started and we can reorganize it
> as we get a better idea of the content.  Then the main FAQ page will
> have a table of contents to the other FAQs, or else there will be a
> FAQ WikiTrail or something.

I checked my FAQ and noticed that most of them are actually about the
site, or adapted to the site (AFAIK). Anyway, I took the general
questions and appended them to the end of PmWiki:FAQ, so you can sort them
as you please.

At the moment, I think it might be a bit to intimidating for a new user,
to go to PmWiki:FAQ, so I'll just try to remember to copy the general
questions to PmWiki.FAQ. Then, when a "new user FAQ" appears, I'll
start adding the questions there instead. Other than that, I guess we will
have to go over the FAQ's now and then to "synchronize" them.

I'm not sure how to go about having questions/answers that are customized
for the site... sometimes the site allows additional methods for
something, but you can still use the standard methods. Maybe these kinds
of QA in the site FAQ could contain a link to the corresponding QA in
PmWiki:FAQ? This requires anchors in PmWiki:FAQ of course.

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr