[Pmwiki-users] Group/page descriptions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Aug 18 08:45:13 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 03:00:59PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> Thoughts on when a description should be displayed?
>
> Should a definition of a description automatically be shown at the place
> of the definition when the page is browsed, or should a separate

I think the separate statement should be required.  That provides for
more possibilities.

> Should the description of a page be shown when that page is included in
> another page?

Same thing--I think a separate statement should be required and that
=desc should generally not be displayed.

> I hope I'm not making this too complicated now... maybe a first simple
> implementation that you can play around with is needed before you can say
> anything about this.

This is often a good approach (and why the Cookbook and Development
sections exist on pmichaud.com).