[pmwiki] Re: [Pmwiki-users] WikiDocRoot ?

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Mon Aug 11 14:37:54 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:25:44PM +0200, Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
> I would like to raise one other issue here. I am running in fact
> three pmWikis on my server, accessible via subdomains.
>
> Obviously all three wikis use the same core installation, since
> all customizations are done in the local.php. But in order to make
> it work I install it three times. Would it be possible to use
> a shared installation?

Hmm, honestly I would rather keep them separate. PmWiki's code is
small, so duplicating it several times should not be an issue. Plus,
depending on how much local customization you have done, it may be
diffucult to upgrade all the sites at once to a newer PmWiki version withouth
having to re-adapt many of the local add-ons. If the wikis are kept
separate you could upgrade only the ones you want, without having to
upgrade (or at least not immediately) also all of the others.

> I know that wiki groups were originally designed for this, but
> nowadays they are used to separate various issues within one wiki.

Which I think is a more appropriate way of using them.

Just my 2-cent

Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org