[pmwiki] Re: [Pmwiki-users] WikiDocRoot ?

Bernhard.Weichel@t-online.de Bernhard.Weichel
Mon Aug 11 13:24:28 CDT 2003

I would like to raise one other issue here. I am running in fact
three pmWikis on my server, accessible via subdomains.

Obviously all three wikis use the same core installation, since
all customizations are done in the local.php. But in order to make
it work I install it three times. Would it be possible to use
a shared installation?

I know that wiki groups were originally designed for this, but
nowadays they are used to separate various issues within one wiki.

Also vor CVS and backup reasons, I would appreciate if there could be a very
clear distinction between core distribution, customization and
wiki pages.

Coud it be something like this:

www-files
  /pmwiki-installation
     pmwiki.php
     scripts/
     wikilib.d/
     pub/
  /wiki-1
     index.php
     /local/
       CVS/
     /wikipages.d/
     /uploads.d/
  /wiki-2
     index.php
     /local/
       CVS/
     /wikipages.d/
     /uploads.d/

Obviously some way must be found to distinguish the wikis. This could
be a very small index.php which is so small that it is stable forever.

--bernhard