[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki localization ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Aug 5 03:19:47 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:04:52AM +0200, Carlo Strozzi wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:38:09AM +0200, Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
> > Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 12:45:30PM +0200,
> > > Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
> > >>

> > > I thought about doing it this way but then decided against it.  I
> > > don't
> > > think that we should require non-English pages to retain English
> > > titles.
>
> Well, it was fairly easy for me to create a PmWikiIt group for the
> italian localization. AFAIK the only pages which titles cannot be
> translated are RecentChanges and AllRecentChanges.

Actually, these can be translated also--I just haven't done it yet
or talked about it in any of the translations yet (been focused on
other tasks).  All one has to do is have the i18n-xx.php file change
the $RecentChanges array, as in:

  $RecentChanges = array(
    'Main.TuttiICambiaRecenti' => '$Group.$Tlink',
    '$Group.CambiamentiRecenti' => '$Group/$Tlink');

In fact, now that I think about it, I can probably set $RecentChanges
to use the translation system, so that by default it's defined as:
  $RecentChanges = array(
    '$[Main.AllRecentChanges]' => '$Group.$Tlink',
    '$[$Group.RecentChanges]' => '$Group/$Tlink');

and then one would do

  XLSDV('it',array(
    'Main.AllRecentChanges' => 'Main.TuttiICambiaRecenti',
    '$Group.RecentChanges' => '$Group.CambiamentiRecenti',
  ));

to switch them to use a different language.