[Pmwiki-users] two questions

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Tue Sep 10 22:57:39 CDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 11:29:50PM -0500, Glenn Blalock wrote:
> 1--Perhaps I dreamt that I've done this, but how do I create a
> target/bookmark link on a wiki page?  In other words, how can I move
> from one part of a page to another with a link to a target?  Or can I?
> (I read/re re re read the short explanation in wiki help.  I'm dense.)

You were dreaming. :-) There's no syntactic element that allows you to
define a spot on a page to jump to that I know of. However, you could
create your own markup to accomplish this and put the code to
implement it in local.php.  (You could also propose your markup be
added to "standard" pmwiki too)

> 2--The TAMU-CC Wiki does a neat thing with "groups" (I think it's
> groups).  The header includes the group name / page title.  How are you
> doing that?  Will you send me the code?

I think it's just a local modification in local.php to $PageHeaderFmt
Something like:

$PageHeaderFmt = "... \$Group ... \$Title ...";

where the ... are whatever other HTML you desire.  The dollar signs are
back-whacked because otherwise they'd be interpolated immediately
rather than at the time of page generation (as the *Fmt variables are
supposed to do)

See http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/PmWikiSetupFaq and the other
PmWiki pages for more info.

> 3--(OK, so I can't count)--Did you (all) tell me that we currently can't
> create a URL on a Wiki page that will open a page in a new window?  I
> know I asked the question before, but don't remember a definitive
> answer.

You can't do that to my knowledge.

-Scott
--