[pmwiki-devel] Unwanted styles being introduced in my template code

Steven Leite steven_leite at kitimat.net
Thu Apr 2 03:14:48 CDT 2015

I'm puzzled about something.  In my HTML I have a simple <div>.  I have the

The problem is, when the <!--PageText--> get's rendered, the page text
doesn't show up - it appears to be invisible.

When I inspect the element in Chrome, I see that the following code is
being introduced in to my template (ignore the <pre> </pre> tags):
<pre>

</pre>

I never specified this, and it's not the desired effect.  If I try to
adjust my font color to be white by changing 'wikitext' in the pmwiki.css
file it has no effect since the span style is over-riding it.

1.  How can I fix this?

2.  Assuming that I haven't done something to mess this up, would it not be
better to make the default behaviour for PmWiki to not set the font color?
It should be left up to the browser's default, or the user in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for you assistance!

Steven Leite