[pmwiki-devel] cannot establish a session

Rogutės Sparnuotos rogutes at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 5 08:23:13 CDT 2010

Farhad Khan (2010-09-05 00:04):
> Hi,
>
> Just upgraded to FC 13, php 5.3.3 and noticed that my pmwiki is not able to
> establish sessions any more, keeps asking for password on every page that
> has some attr set.
> Heres what I tried:
>
>    - Upgraded my wiki to pmwiki 2.2.18 - didn't help
>    - Tried a fresh install of pmwiki 2.2.18 - doesn't help either, it keeps
>    asking for password
>
> I checked the php sessions directory and the wiki seems to create a new
> session on every invocation. If I var_dump($_SESSION) from config.php, the
> first POST when I type my password seems to create a session but on
> subsequent requests var_dump returns NULL.
>
> What is happening?

Just tested a clean install of PmWiki 2.2.17 and 2.2.18 against PHP 5.3.3
(but not on Fedora): worked fine with $DefaultPasswords['edit'] and
passwords set with ?action=attr.

Did you test 2.2.18 with an empty config.php?

What if you test a clean 2.2.18 install with a local/config.php file
containing only this (you mention only pages with ?action=attr passwords):

  <?php
  $DefaultPasswords['edit']=crypt('abc')

If you would attach your php.ini, I could probably see if it works on my
system.

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos