[pmwiki-devel] Updating PTVs

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Feb 4 03:43:51 CST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Peter Bowers <pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:
> I confirm - I'm unable to reproduce the problem on pmwiki.org.  I am
> able to reproduce the problem on my own site, running "This site is
> running pmwiki-2.2.0 (VersionNum=2002000)".  I updated to 2.2.10 (I've
> been looking for the excuse) and can no longer reproduce the problem
> -- it seems to work fine on the first save as of 2.2.10, at least on
> my system.

It looks like in SVN revision 2446 of pmwiki.php a change was made in
HandleEdit() from this:

  PCache($pagename,$page);

to this:

  PCache($pagename, $new);

I *believe* this was the change that fixed it.  After things being
edited previously the old version was being cached (causing old
results to be displayed in the pagelist) whereas now the new version
of the page is being cached (causing the expected results).

This change (if I've correctly identified the change that fixed it)
was introduced for version 2.2.9.  This is included in release notes,
presumably, under the general "A number of bugs were fixed and the
documentation was updated. "

-Peter