[pmwiki-devel] Updating PTVs

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 06:34:20 CST 2010

Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 11:16:21 AM, Peter wrote:

> I think the only danger you would run into was if a PTV definition
> were deleted from a page.  As long as it was modified or added then
> any old definitions would be over-written.  But if the definition is
> deleted (I could be wrong here) then I believe the $:oldPTV definition
>  would continue to remain in $PCache[$page]['=p_oldPTV'].

> (I should clarify, although it's hopefully obvious, that my '=p_*' was
> actually shorthand for a loop thru the array looking for keys that
> matched that initial 3-char string...) (or array_filter() or some
> similar function...)

thankls Peter!
Yes, you are right about old PTV remaining when the PTV definition is
removed.

I've got this code now, and it will force the PTV refresh
for all cases I believe (I added a config variable just in case):

 if ($FoxEnablePTVRefresh==1 && is_array($PCache[$pagename])) {
   foreach(array_keys($PCache[$pagename]) as $key)
     if (substr($key,0,3)=='=p_' || $key=='=pagetextvars')
       unset($PCache[$pagename][$key]);
 }

Hans