[pmwiki-devel] How to make a TODO List?

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Tue Jan 30 15:30:58 CST 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 04:58:31PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, January 30, 2007, 1:51:47 PM, The wrote:
>
> > Don't remember exactly how Fox is set up, but doesn't it assign a
> > unique id to each entry, used for deleting?
>
> > If so, you might be able to include a hidden text var based on that
> > key within each entry that is set to on/off that is used in a
> > conditional to control how the display is made (on--normal,
> > off--strikeout).  Pretty sure your templating system is flexible
> > enough for something like this.
>
> > Not really sure how to switch the text var on or off however, but you
> > could always manually edit the page...  But it's a step closer, and
> > zapless.
>
> Thanks for those suggestions, Dan!
> one basic problem with Fox is, that it cannot post another Fox form,
> i.e. any field var like {field} will be replaced, no way to post it
> unchanged. I would like that changed in Fox, but don't know how.

How does the delete work, then?
If you can distinguish between comment-entries enough to delete them,
would it be possible to do something which *replaces* an entire entry?
Grab the data from the entry, delete it from the page, alter the
captured data how one wants, and then add it back to the page?

Kathryn Andersen