[pmwiki-devel] How to make a TODO List?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Jan 30 11:18:31 CST 2007

On 1/30/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Tuesday, January 30, 2007, 1:51:47 PM, The wrote:
>
> > Don't remember exactly how Fox is set up, but doesn't it assign a
> > unique id to each entry, used for deleting?
>
> > If so, you might be able to include a hidden text var based on that
> > key within each entry that is set to on/off that is used in a
> > conditional to control how the display is made (on--normal,
> > off--strikeout).  Pretty sure your templating system is flexible
> > enough for something like this.
>
> > Not really sure how to switch the text var on or off however, but you
> > could always manually edit the page...  But it's a step closer, and
> > zapless.
>
> Thanks for those suggestions, Dan!
> one basic problem with Fox is, that it cannot post another Fox form,
> i.e. any field var like {field} will be replaced, no way to post it
> unchanged. I would like that changed in Fox, but don't know how.

How would that help though?  You still need a mechanism for changing
the text var value...  Unless you embed a zapform in Fox!  :)

Why not change the markup so that {{field}} is replaced by {field}.
It would probably just take adding a line or two to Fox.  If you are
using the code samples I sent you from ZAP it would be in the
ZAPfieldreplace function.  If you work out the details, let me know.
I might want to add that back into ZAP as well.

PmWiki is getting pretty powerful these days.  Do we know what to do
with it all?

Cheers,
Dan