[pmwiki-devel] How to make a TODO List?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Jan 30 07:51:47 CST 2007

On 1/30/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Tuesday, January 30, 2007, 11:22:17 AM, Kathryn wrote:
>
> > The problem with something like AddDeleteLine is that it *deletes*
> > lines, where I don't want them deleted, I want them marked (say, with a
> > strikeout) to show that they're done.
>
> AddDeleteLine or Fox are both able to add a delete button or link to
> each post, but you don't need to do this! Just build the template
> without delete button or delete link.
>
> Fox can do more or less what CommentboxPlus does, plus you can create
> more flexible forms, since it uses pmwiki's input markup.
>
> I have to think about how to build a template so each posting can have
> a  checkbox marker though.

Don't remember exactly how Fox is set up, but doesn't it assign a
unique id to each entry, used for deleting?

If so, you might be able to include a hidden text var based on that
key within each entry that is set to on/off that is used in a
conditional to control how the display is made (on--normal,
off--strikeout).  Pretty sure your templating system is flexible
enough for something like this.

Not really sure how to switch the text var on or off however, but you
could always manually edit the page...  But it's a step closer, and
zapless.

Cheers,
Dan