[pmwiki-devel] $VersionNum

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 17:40:11 CST 2007

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 01:12:28PM +0000, Hans wrote:
>> What is the pmwiki VersionNum from which the
>> function UpdatePage was introduced?
>> (start of 2.2.0betas?)
>>
>> Do we have  a list of internal $VersionNum corresponding to release
>> number $Version?
>
> (Catching up on old messages for the new year... ;-)
>
> UpdatePage() was introduced in 2.2.0-beta12, so $VersionNum
> would be 2001912.
>
> $VersionNum is always tied to the release number -- the first

I modified
 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/BasicVariables#VersionNum

to this:
-------------------------------------

: $VersionNum: A number representing the release version of PmWiki,
   with the major and minor release components padded with zeroes to
   produce three digits.  Thus, release "pmwiki-2.1.40" will have
   $VersionNum set to 2001040.

   The first digit is a 2, the next three digits are the major
   release number, and the last three digits are the minor release
   number. Beta releases use 900-999 for the minor release number.
   Thus:
--> [@
2.1.0          2001000
2.1.1          2001001