[pmwiki-devel] $VersionNum

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 1 12:18:49 CST 2007

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 01:12:28PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> What is the pmwiki VersionNum from which the
> function UpdatePage was introduced?
> (start of 2.2.0betas?)
>
> Do we have  a list of internal $VersionNum corresponding to release
> number $Version?

(Catching up on old messages for the new year... ;-)

UpdatePage() was introduced in 2.2.0-beta12, so $VersionNum
would be 2001912.

$VersionNum is always tied to the release number -- the first
digit is a 2, the next three digits are the major release
number, and the last three digits are the minor release number.
Beta releases use 900-999 for the minor release number.  Thus:

    2.1.0          2001000
    2.1.1          2001001
    2.1.27         2001027
    2.2.0-beta1    2001901
    2.2.0-beta2    2001902
    2.2.0-beta18   2001918

When it's released, pmwiki-2.2.0 will be $VersionNum = 2002000 .