[pmwiki-devel] Page text variables - from other pages and in pagelists

Simon s-i-m-o-n at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 7 23:50:39 CST 2007

Following up my own post,
having put some time into creating 'working' examples of page text
variable usage I now know why mine did not work.

First: I had them indented one space (cf Site.Blocklist)
 Block: something
 Hide:  another thing
Second: I then tried definition lists (in a tidy fashion), viz
: President  : Fred Dagg
: Secretary  : Bruce Bayliss
: Treasurer  : Darleen Colt
: Membership : Joe Smythe

Well this doesn't work becuase of the leading and trailing spaces.
So you need to try
:President:  Fred Dagg
:Secretary:  Bruce Bayliss
:Treasurer:  Darleen Colt
:Membership: Joe Smythe
And a final note, if, like in this example, you have leading spaces they
appear to be included.
This can affect your markup, eg if used in a simple table

I'm still working on understanding how they work in page lists and
pagelist templates.

Suggestions welcome