[pmwiki-devel] Page text variables - from other pages and in pagelists

Simon s-i-m-o-n at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 7 00:58:21 CST 2007

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageTextVariables

I'm trying these out, they are potentially hugely useful,
for example you can add (:Summary:Somethign about a page:) to a page to
have the summary listed in the search output.

I'm unable to get PageListVariables to display from another pages - see
the example in the above link

      Usage from other pages

If you want to pull the data from another page, use the
|{Group/PageName$:Var}| format.

Example:

Suburb: Khandallah
{PmWiki/TextVariables$:Suburb}

Suburb: Khandallah

Also, using it in a pagelist it seems to me pagelist should only select
from pages that include the page text variable in question.
It appears that they are listing all pages, (see examples in the above link)
or perhaps the examples need changes.

tia

Simon