[pmwiki-devel] One click installation process...

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Nov 27 09:38:17 CST 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 10:23 AM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Plus, consider all of the recipes and configuration options that
> exist in the cookbook that *don't* involve downloading a script
> of some sort, or that are configuring more than a simple "on-off"
> item.  For example, how would one use a web-based configuration
> interface to define custom markup rules, or to set new values of
> $SearchPatterns?

Well, actually, these are possible.

Markup takes 4 parameters.

SearchPatterns takes 2.

I'm sure we can come up with wiki markup for them.  We've managed
blocklist items with regex.  I'm sure anything is possible.

(:custommarkup:)
name:(:newmarkup:)
order:<[[!
pattern:/\(:newmarkup (.*?):\)/
process:Keep("something \$1")
(:custommarkupend:)

Or something like that.

I'm pretty sure we don't want to do this, however.  :)  Creature
freep.  (Feature creep for people not into English spoonerisms)

Crisses