[pmwiki-users] PmFeed (RSS) error

Moni Kellermann kellerfrau at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 03:45:12 PDT 2020

Hi,

I would like to embed Twitter feeds via nitter.net (Twitter doesn't
allow RSS feeds). Example: https://nitter.net/paddingtonbear/rss

I remember that I was able to use
https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PmFeed about a hundred years ago ;)

When I now use the recipe, with PHP 7.x I get a 500 network error, and
with an older PHP version I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tidy_repair_string() in
[path]cookbook\pmfeed.php on line 600

which in

	 * Parse xmlData and return parsed result
	 *
	 */
	private function parse(&$xmlData)
	{
		$result = array();
		$doc = new DomDocument();
		// Try to load XML or return parse error
		if (false == @$doc->loadXml($xmlData)) {
			// Try to fix XML by Tidy and try to load one more time
			$xmlData = tidy_repair_string($xmlData, array('output-xml' => true,
'input-xml' => true), 'utf8');
			if (false == @$doc->loadXml($xmlData)) {
				$this->lastError = self::$parseError;
				return false;
			}
		}

is the line $xmlData = tidy_repair_string($xmlData, array('output-xml'
=> true, 'input-xml' => true), 'utf8');

I have no idea whether there may be more errors popping up once that's
fixed.

Is it possible to get this recipe working again?
Or is there any other recipe that lets me embed RSS data on a page?

Thanx,

moni k.