[pmwiki-users] Cookbook recipe create Columns

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Nov 10 19:43:57 PST 2019

[Resending as the mailing list seems to not have got it. If you received
it more than once please ignore.]

Sorry for the late reply.

I noticed that Walter uploaded a new updated version, see if it works
for you.

Alternatively, most users now use browsers that support the CSS multiple
columns layout, so you can use the "column-width" style.

In the file pub/css/local.css (create it if it doesn't exist), add
something like this:

    .columns { column-width: 22em;  column-gap: 2em; }

Then, in a wiki page, use the >>columns<< wikistyle

   >>columns<<
   Here your multiple-column content.
   >><<

or the directive:

   (:div99 class="columns":)
   Here your multiple-column content.
   (:div99end:)

Search "CSS multiple columns" for more options.

It may be better to use column-width rather than column-count or HTML
tables, because currently there are many different screen sizes, and on
narrow smartphone screens the block will be in a single column, while on
a large desktop monitor it will create as many columns, 22 "m"-s wide
each in my example, as it can fill in the available screen width (also
depending on your skin).

Petko