[pmwiki-users] Can't use twice in a row small emphasized text

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Mar 4 07:39:51 PST 2019

Actually, there are 2 markup rules for smaller/bigger text:

1. '-small-'  '+big+'

2. [-small-] [--smaller--] [----tiny----]
    [+large+] [++larger++]    ... etc.

The first markup rule is processed before the second one.

With "[-''KO''-] [-''KO''-]" the middle part contains

   '-] [-'

which is converted by the first rule to HTML as "<small>] [</small>".

Then from the rest only the first "[-" and the last "-]" are meaningful
and get processed.

You can place the "em" '' markup outside the "small" blocks ''[-KO-]
[-KO-]'', or insert a space between in the middle of '- or if you must,
the null space [==].

If you always use the second markup, you can disable the first one in
config.php:

   DisableMarkup("'-");
   DisableMarkup("'+");

Even if we were to swap the order of the rules, there will always be
some cases with ambiguity and markup rules can only be processed one
after another.

Petko

--
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades