[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Changing Titles.

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Jul 28 01:18:44 PDT 2019

Sorry for the late reply.

PmWiki by itself doesn't have "subpages", it has "pages" that are
contained in "WikiGroups", but addons can implement other ways.

> Windows Servers
>             Turn Off Page redirection
>             Drive Mapping

Do you mean you have a WikiGroup "WindowsServers", and your URLs are
like

   pmwiki.php?n=WindowsServers.DriveMapping

If this is your case, you can change just the page title with this
markup in the wiki text:

   (:title Windows Systems:)

Or you can actually move the content to a different file name and URL,
see the addon MovePage:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MovePage

To rename the whole group, it depends if you have a custom $WikiDir
setting. If you have enabled this:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PerGroupSubDirectories

then your files are grouped in per-group directories/folders inside the
wiki.d directory. In that case:

1. rename the directory wiki.d/WindowsServers to wiki.d/WindowsSystems

2. rename all text files inside wiki.d to replace the part
"WindowsServers" with "WindowsSystems", for example rename
"WindowsServers.DriveMapping" to "WindowsSystems.DriveMapping"

3. If you have a "homepage file" with the old group name like
"WindowsServers.WindowsServers" rename both parts to the new group name,
"WindowsSystems.WindowsSystems"

4. delete the file wiki.d/.pageindex to let PmWiki rebuild the search

If you don't have custom $WikiDir setting, then all your page data files
are in the wiki.d directory. In that case just follow 2. to 4. above.

In addition you need to check the links in these or other pages, if you
have links to the old location, change these to the new location.
Searching for the old group name, eg WindowsServers, will list pages
that may potentially have such links.

If by "subpage" you mean you have some other configuration, you need to
provide more information. There are a few recipes (addons) that organize
pages differently:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SubgroupMarkup
   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cluster
   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Hg

If you are in one of these cases, or another one, maybe try to contact
the maintainer, or tell us more.

Petko