[pmwiki-users] GDPR and pmwiki

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri May 25 21:17:41 PDT 2018

[Sorry for the delay, there were some problems with the mailing list.]

No, there is currently no way to quickly remove all instances of a
specific author in page revisions, you can either hide all authors, or
remove/drop all authors.

It is possible to protect the "diff" action, see FAQ at:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageHistory

It is possible to hide all authors and IP addresses by setting a
variable in config.php:

   $DiffStartFmt =
     "<div class='diffbox'><div class='difftime'><a name='diff\$DiffGMT'
href='#diff\$DiffGMT'>\$DiffTime</a>
         \$[by] <span class='diffauthor'
title='\$DiffHost'>\$DiffAuthor</span> - \$DiffChangeSum</div>";

The above is the default snippet; removing this part:

   \$[by] <span class='diffauthor' title='\$DiffHost'>\$DiffAuthor</span>

will hide the IP address \$DiffHost and the name \$DiffAuthor from the
history listings, without dropping that information from the page data
file.

It is possible to drop all page history from a specific page or group,
install the recipe ExpireDiff:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ExpireDiff

It is possible to never store history, or only for a short time, see and
please understand the documentation for the variables $DiffKeepNum and
$DiffKeepDays:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/EditVariables

BTW I keep track of the edits of individual users with a variant of this
recipe:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Authorcontribution-OldVersion

See also $RCLinesMax in case you have set this variable, a prolific
editor can easily make a lot of edits and you can lose her track:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/LayoutVariables#RCLinesMax

There is currently no tool/recipe to drop or pseudonymize specific
author names, but I may have to write one for a large wiki I maintain,
if/when some editor asks for this. Obviously, for documents with many
co-authors like a wiki page, I am not certain how this can be done while
at the same time the authorship and copyright are also respected, and
the people stay accountable for the things they wrote.

Petko

--
PmWeekly Blog  :  http://www.pmwiki.org/News
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades