[pmwiki-users] New installation of pmwiki in /home/user/public_html/ with apache and php7.2

Christopher Pinon cjpinon at linuxshell.xyz
Sun Jun 24 05:43:48 PDT 2018

On 2018-06-24 14:26, Petko Yotov wrote:
> In a default Ubuntu/Apache installation, the user directories have PHP
> disabled. So the server sends to the browser the pmwiki.php file as if
> it was a HTML file, then at some place there is a html meta redirect
> with some unprocessed PHP variable which the browser follows. You see
> a flicker in a split second before the redirect.
>
> You need to edit the apache2 conf file and restart the server.
>
> Edit as root this file:
>   /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php7.2.conf
>
> Find the line "php_admin_flag engine Off" and replace "Off" with "On".
> Save the file then restart Apache:
>
>   sudo service apache2 restart
>
> (or whatever other line is used, or if you don't know restart the whole
> server).
>
> I'm not sure why Dokuwiki works.

Thanks. I'm aware that Ubuntu/Apache has PHP disabled by default for
user directories, and I had commented out that section of
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php7.2.conf. PHP scripts (e.g., phpinfo.php)
can be run in this user directory, not to mention dokuwiki, which is why
I'm puzzled.

Instead of commenting out that section, I'll try to leave it but with
"On" instead of "Off", as you suggest.

C.