[pmwiki-users] Responsive skin added to core, enabled on pmwiki.org

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Fri May 5 06:51:03 CDT 2017

Hi Petko,

>> Do you consider a "switch to standard view" option to get the sidebar
>> displayed permanently also on smaller devices? Other responsive designs
>> do so.
>
> Not at the top of my priority list. There is a feature in mobile
> browsers, at least in Firefox and Chrome: click on the "menu (3 dots)"
> button, then select "Request desktop site" (or similar).

indeed, thanks for the hint! I didn't expect this to work because also
on my desktop PC, I got the mobile view with very narrow window.

The new skin looks really nice.

[...]

>> BTW: "Mini" is currently not so mobile-friendly (at least with the
>> default ultralightbox).
>
> I never had any difficulty, on the contrary, I feel ultralightbox being
> simpler/cleaner, leaves more screen real estate for the picture,
> compared to other lightbox clones.

one problem is that "zoom" doesn't just resize the picture but the whole
page. If I tap then for the next or previous picture, it's not centered.

Maybe there is a CSS way to have the images increased to fit the screen.
My images are usually smaller than the modern high resolution mobile
screens.

Oliver